1st of all, who in the hell is still signing up for a free trial for Netflix. Hasn’t everyone used up their allotted one month by now? If Netflix really wants to make more money, they’re going to have to figure out a way to only allow the people that paid for their subscriptions to access the streaming service. Their biggest problem is everyone sharing account information.
Netflix has failed to meet their quarterly projections twice now. They’ve announced that they think it’s because the amount of full members is not an accurate because they include trial members when trying to figure out their projections. Netflix wants to scratch trial memberships, and put more of their money towards creating their own content, resulting in an increase in paying subscribers. Quite frankly, I don’t know if this is good or bad for us viewers (sorry, i don’t know shit about how it’ll affect investors).
Netflix original content– so many mixed reviews by consumers. Personally, I think more money should be put into making higher quality shows, but my fear is the show will throw money at expanding the quantity of their shows. Netflix needs to take a page out of the HBO’s book rather than follow random TV station’s. Premium cable works because they really invest the time and money into making their shows so they know that what they’re producing is amazing quality. They don’t just pickup the newest sitcom starring C-list actors (qt best). Seriously, just look at this list of shows…all are considered for Emmy’s every year:
- Game of Thrones (aka Musical Chairs)
- The Leftovers (aka the Day After Thanksgiving)
- The Wire (aka the Chord)
- Curb Your Enthusiasm (aka Relax)
- Veep (aka Elaine Benes as Joe Biden)
- Silicon Valley (aka comedy that old people are too outdated to understand)
- True Detective (aka Honest Cop)
- Sex and the City (aka Hump and the Metropolis)
- True Blood (aka Verifiable Gang Los Angeles Street Gang)
- Westworld (aka Everything West of Ohio)
- Band of Brothers (aka Delti Chi Omega)
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (English Bitches About the Week Every Sunday)
- Entourage (aka Group of Men or Women)
- East Bound and Down (aka Southeast)
- Ballers (aka Cool Athletes)
- Vice (Bad Stuff)
Don’t be the next TBS @Netflix…be Premium.
Wouldn’t mind if Netflix invested in porn either. Could go for some really dope story-lines.